PDA

View Full Version : win 2000 burn

tad214
02-17-2003, 05:10 PM
hey guys,
i just burnt a iso image of win 2000 on to cd. when i open the cd, the file is there. it is exe file now. when i click on the file to open and install, it tells me that it is not a valid fat 32 file. does anyone know what the problem is? does win 2000 have to be installed on a ntfs file system? if so, i have my hard drives partitioned into about 5 drives each. if i will have to have a ntfs file system, can i create one on one of my logical drives? thanks in advance for any help.

tad214
02-18-2003, 01:46 PM
bump, anyone know?

tad214
02-18-2003, 02:25 PM
hello,
my apologies if i have violated the policy of this site. i just downloaded this from a friend of mine, however, i guess that still falls under a pirated copy. again, my apologies if i have offened anyone, and i will consider this thread closed. everyone have a great day. DALE

Budfred
02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
I didn't pick up that you had done anything suspect with the copy you made, I just don't know the answer to your question. I suspect that it does have something to do with the difference between NTFS and FAT32, but I don't know enough to tell you. You may need to have some patience to get helpful answers....

Paul Komski
02-18-2003, 11:57 PM
The iso image should be capable of recreating an install disk in its own right; but an iso image is not an install disk - it is a single file "image" of another CDROM. Such images can be used to recreate the original (containing all the files) using burning software. It is not a normal windows file.

Win2K can be installed onto FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS partitions (and another couple as well I think); but using the installation files and not an image of them.