PDA

View Full Version : i have a GREAT question

starlyn20602
02-19-2003, 06:39 PM
i hope i am in the right spot for this question but here it goes....
in my email quite awhile ago, i got this htm attachment, i guess you would call it....and i've seen things like this on the net... its a two part question:

1. what do you call those little "tail" things that follow a cursor around...my dad sent me a great one, it tells the date and time etc, i will send it to anyone who wants to see it.

2. when i click on the sort of attachment ..the htm it was called.. it takes me to another screen and says download, but it doesnt ask me to save it anywhere, it just opens in that screen...i have no way of going to the website or where ever it was gotten from to actually down load it and i cant save it to my desktop but i would like to actually use it.. is there any way of doing that?

okay...ONE more question... are those "tail" things hard to make? is there a website that tells you how to make them?

like i said, i have always kept this email from my dad and like to go back to it once in awhile so i would be happy to send it to anyone who would like to see it and can comment on it...i would attach it here, IF i could only figure out how it get it alone and not just open up in a separate sort of hotmail screen...

mjc
02-19-2003, 08:15 PM
I would stay away from it...

It is possibly Comet Cursor, a reputed spyware product (it doesn't really spy, but it does do "driveby" downloads, use more resources than it needs to, and has been known to cause stability problems)