PDA

View Full Version : memory upgrade = hibernation problems

ac_makaveli
02-21-2003, 02:37 PM
hi i have recently made put in a stick of 512mb ddr pc2100 ram, into my winxp system, it already had 256mb, the memory is not giving me any problems what so ever.

After installing the memory, i decided i dont need the pagefile any more so i disabled that feature.

Anyway, i have noticed that after using the pc for a number of sessions(after abt 4/5 hibernates after normal gaming sessions), and between each one putting the pc into hibernation, eventually i get to a point where the pc tries to hibernate by going to the black screen, and then it comes back into windows and reports the folllowing error

"insufficient system resources to complete the api"

i have no idea what this means, all i know is i have never got this error message before, even when keeping my pc in hibernation states for over a week. I looked on M$ website and couldnt find anything, looked on google and also could not find anything, so please help

Paul Komski
02-21-2003, 06:30 PM
Know that you haven't got more than 1GB of RAM, which can cause this problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330909

He he; unless, that is, that the ddr is getting counted twice in some bizarre way. Does removing the new stick solve the problem.

Have you checked the power/hibernate settings to check if there is enough disk space available for the image file.

There was a way of creating a hibernate partition in Win9X on FAT32 but havent found any references to this for WinXP.

It might be wise to recreate (for now anyway) the minimum recommended pagefile size of 2MB on the boot partition - just in case.

ac_makaveli
03-02-2003, 09:24 PM
hi, i followed that link you posted, and changed my registry settings, but it has not solved the problem

not sure what else there is left to try hmm

GT Express
08-14-2006, 05:33 PM
I am getting the same message " Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API " but I'm getting it shortly after booting. How do I recreate the minimum 2MB pagefile that is required. (The PC doesn't go all the way in to WindowsXP it's stuck on the " Windows is starting up " screen).