PDA

View Full Version : OfficeXP on win98se

anthony_bud
02-24-2003, 10:11 PM
Hello mates!

I am using office XP running on my win98se and my prob when using MSWord is:

I have typed 18 pages but when i print i found out that some pages are incomplete, some paragraphs/sentences are omitted.

Before printing, i try to scroll up/down the scroll bar to see the omitted one, even if i see the paragraph i can't still print it. I have to cut that portion and paste to another document just to print the omitted one.

It's my first time to encounter this prob. Pls. help.:(

Budfred
02-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Welcome to http://www.pcguide.com/ubb/pcgubb.gif

I had that problem too and I ended up cutting and pasting the whole document into New Document to deal with it. I never did figure out what was causing it, but I think it had something to do with a table I was try to revise. I was able to see the whole document on the screen, but it was only the first and last page in Print Preview or when printed. I don't think I ever tried changing page settings, so you might want to check that out.... Sorry I can't give more help.

Paul Komski
02-25-2003, 06:33 PM
If stuff isn't where you expect to find it.

First of all from the View Menu choose Print Layout.

The goto the Tools, Options, View Tab and try enabling the formatting marks as "All"; but consider things like hidden text, etc.

These methods should allow you to "see" things more as they will be printed (or show up in Print Preview) and make more obvious features which affect printing or viewing and that are not normally obvious to the eye.

If there are still problems, check out the various Print Options on the Print Tab, which is also on the Tools, Options menu.

anthony_bud
02-25-2003, 11:08 PM
@Budfred

That was i'm doing this time, after typing i must select it all then paste to another doc then its this time i'll be printing the whole.

8 pages in the original doc but it becomes 10 pages when pasted.

@Paul Komski

Never checked it out, i'll try it later. Hopefully this will help.

I really want to solve this.

Pls. help.

Can you imagine copying/pasting anew everytime i print?:( :( :(

Budfred
02-25-2003, 11:28 PM
If it is more pages when pasted than in the original, it sounds like a formatting problem....

anthony_bud
02-27-2003, 01:46 AM
why?

Formatting???

It's just a simple typing with just some indentions and justified paragraphs.

With the original doc, if i scroll the mousewheel up and down some texts i see and sometimes i don't. When printing the original doc the on & off paragraphs can't be printed.

When i paste to another doc, i can print the whole.

Budfred
02-27-2003, 11:18 AM
When you paste to another doc, the text is forced into the page settings for that doc. In your original doc it sounds like the text is exceeding the parameters of the page settings so that some will not print and you end up with fewer pages overall. In the new doc with page settings that allow printing, the doc is longer because the margins are pulled in tighter (presumably) and the text overflows on to new pages. Check the page settings in your original document and use the ruler view with the option to see all formatting info to see if the text is exceeding the margins of the page.

anthony_bud
02-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Thanx, i got you but no. I have the same settings with the original doc.

1 inch margin left/right/top/bottom

Budfred
02-27-2003, 10:05 PM
Did you insert the text/table that you are trying to print from somewhere else? That is what would be formatted differently and then when you cut and paste, it loses the original formatting and conforms to the format of the new document. The difference is between inserting it and copy/paste it.