PDA

View Full Version : Faxing from windows 98

funhousegroup
02-25-2003, 01:34 PM
Do I need some ki d of third party fax drivers or software to fax from windows or does windows have this built in. I looked through the go;; and did not see it.
Thanks guys, Funhousegroup

funhousegroup
02-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Maybe it would be sufficient to install Microsoft fax from the cd and also a MAPI client like windows messaging or exchange client?
I havent faxed from windows for years . Who has needed to.
FH

funhousegroup
02-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Well I guess I better say that since the original post I have installed windows messsaging and MS fax and now can use the fax wizard through Word to send a fax from templates included but am not able to send faxes of pages that I scan in. Maybe I need to follow up on this part through the applications forum. Any Ideas?\

fUnhOuSeGrOuP

Paul Komski
02-25-2003, 06:04 PM
If memory serves it was quite easy to send a fax (once installed) from Word. From the File menu, it was either just Send To and choose Fax or Print and then select the fax as the printer. Just paste the scanned image into word beforehand. When you send/print the doc is converted into a fax format, etc etc.

Hope that works.

funhousegroup
02-25-2003, 10:44 PM
Thtas what I thought also but when I go to file /print/msfax/ I am never asked for the fax to location information. Maybe I just have to look closer but I spent quite a bit of time trying and still Was never promted to include the appropriate fax info.
Thanks FH

Paul Komski
02-26-2003, 04:18 PM
can use the fax wizard through Word to send a fax from templates included but am not able to send faxes of pages that I scan in

Not sure that I understand. Presumably the templates are for cover pages, which aren't mandatory to use. Have you actually had a word document with something on it and tried to send it WITHOUT a cover page. If that works, then inserting a picture or other scanned-in document INTO the word docment (or into one chosen from the fax templates) should work too.

The fax wizard should, if memory serves, give you an option about cover pages on its first screen. These cover pages are not the same as the ones used as templates, which allow you to make "fancy ones". If you should choose to include the fax wizard cover page and have the first page of your document as another cover sheet then you will just send a fax with two cover sheets.

If it will work from one of the templates then you could just add what you want to send to the end of the template document, which is just an ordinary word document - but with a preset layout.

MSKB for ref: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=152196