PDA

View Full Version : Computer Sound Slows down after a while

chewychewy
02-25-2003, 01:17 PM
After random times of use my XP computer's sound start playing everything as if it were in slow motion. Everything else seems to run OK. I just reinstalled windows and it still does it.

Any ideas?

I have an HP Pavillion 512n

Zaevion
02-25-2003, 01:24 PM
I'm running a Compaq Presario w/ XP and after installing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Spearhead, I encountered a similar problem...it was almost as if the entire computer was freezing up, everything on screen and the sound got really REALLY choppy for about 30 secs...and then it was fine again...and it would repeatedly do it every so often. I just reformatted my c: and reinstalled XP, and I'm hoping I do not encounter the problem again...lets hope...

I'm sorry that I can't help you with this problem, I was just letting you know your not the only one out there.

I'd be interested in hearing some tips on what to do if this happens to me again also.

chewychewy
02-25-2003, 01:25 PM
mine does this until I restart my computer

Zaevion
02-25-2003, 02:34 PM
It wouldn't stop until you restarted the computer? Hmmm...mine would kinda come and go...but I noticed something I think...when I would hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the Task Manager, it would say that 100% of my CPU was being used up at times when it did this, and when it stopped, it would be all the way back down to below 10% usually...I just kinda thought that that was odd.

chewychewy
02-25-2003, 03:19 PM
it doesnt even take a lot of resources to be used up. It just does it

Budfred
02-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Please post more details about your system, how much RAM, CPU speed, sound card specs, and so on. If you are running XP and haven't tuned it, you may just have a lot of dreck running background and if you don't have enough RAM, it could slow things down.