PDA

View Full Version : Freezing up on Installation of Logitech Camera Software

William2002
02-26-2003, 01:20 PM
I am getting pretty frustrated, but i know there is a simple solution to my problem...somewhere.

I'm trying to install software for my Logitech pro4000 web cam camera. I have downloaded (via cable)the lastest version (7.3) of the cam software from Logitech's site, I have the latest version of DirectX, downloaded from their site.

I also reloaded windows installer, and deleted all the "TEMP" files under windows as well as all files that end with .TMP.

None of the above made any difference. There is something that is bugging my system. Everything else seems to be working fine--Explorer, Outlook express, word, Excell, msn, etc, etc.

I also tried booting "clean"--that didn't make any difference.

Can somebody make a suggestion please. My computer freezes up just when the installshield is starting.

thank you

Budfred
02-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Well, I can't guarantee a simple solution, cameras often seem to be tricky. I would first boot into Safe Mode and check in Device Manager to see if there are any problems noted for any imaging hardware (like scanners). If you find a problem, you may want to Remove the device and reinstall on a Windows reboot. You could try rebooting in Safe Mode and installing the drivers from there using the Add/Remove Hardware wizard.

It is possible that you have a failed install running in the background and Safe Mode should prevent this from loading. I would maybe even check Task Manager before the first reboot into Safe Mode to make sure there isn't something like that running and stuck. If there isn't, I would go ahead with the steps above.

Post back with what you find and more info about what you are working with, particularly your version of Windoze....

William2002
02-27-2003, 01:27 PM
I do have a scanner, and I think that may be part of the prob. I will consider booting in safe mode..I didn't think of that...thank you.

After running sfc, and scan disk and defragmenter, and clean boot, and windows installer 2.0 I finally got the pro4000 to work. although I couldn't ge the zoom to work--error message that it performed anillegal operation. so I'm just operating it without the zoom for now.

It was also advertised for 1.3 mega pixel and only has options for up to 680x 420 (only one quarter of 1.3 res)...so don't know what's going on there, but will find out.......

Talk later

William