PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Office 2000

lucky ray
02-28-2003, 05:21 AM
I have just rebuilt an AMD athlon xp1800+ computer with an ESC motherboard.After reformatting and partitioning 10 times I have finally been able to get Windows ME installed. I have tried to load Microsoft Office 2000 back on but it keeps freezing after a couple of minutes. After spending some 16 hours reformatting and rebuilding I am lost as to why this is happening. Can anyone HELP solve this problem?
This machine was originally built and setup with Office 2000.The only thing I have added is a burner and I have tried disconnecting this during the setup to no avail.

HELP!!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

slim
02-28-2003, 08:00 AM
What was the problems with installing Windows ME (it may be related to this problem)????

Have you checked the hard drive status lately with scandisk?. There could be a bad sector on the hard drive which you are hitting.

Do you have any antvirus software running, if so try disabling it before running the office install.

Do you get any error messages from the office installer and how far do you get in the office install before it freezes??

Slim