PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update Flipped it's lid

jabarnutcase
03-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Wow- Just ran Windows update...(Yes mjc, I did read your thread :( )

Anyway, (somewhat unrelated to them taking inventory of my software), I just ran it and it said I had an unrecognized Key,-(Or something to that effect), and to call them.

Well, I just so happen to have a fully registered copy of XP Pro and never had that problem before. No recent hardware changes or anything like that.

OK... Just ran it two more times and everything is back to normal. Anyone else have that happen recently? :confused:

Bad enough I had to activate it...They better not start telling me it's no good all of the sudden! :mad:

Note to Bill G..Hey! I'm one of your fans. Why the heck are you picking on me? :confused: :D

Daniel-Man
03-06-2003, 03:18 AM
LoL. That happened to me too. Except I have a pirated serial. Does this mean the windows update has an updated database list of pirated serials which it checks against every owners? Is there some kind of way to crack this so Microsoft cannot invade ones privacy like this?

CuratoR
03-06-2003, 05:59 AM
thats why I say.....(look at my sig) ;)

jabarnutcase, u must be running WindowsXP.
Daniel, if its WindowsXP, my answer to your last question is "yes" but some guys here won't like it so I can't...

jabarnutcase
03-06-2003, 06:53 AM
Yes Daniel-Man
There were a handful of pirated keys that most people were using. Around the time of SP1 I believe, they stopped putting up with it.

And yes Daniel-Man
You are correct on both counts. I'm running XP, And this is definitely not a forum where "hacks and cracks" are discussed.
:eek:

BTW...Cool sig. ;)