PDA

View Full Version : shutting down

paljj
03-09-2003, 09:38 AM
I am having a problem with my PC shutting down on me. I noticed that it happens the most when I am using my CD Player and trying to play a video file. It is like a buffer or cache problem?

Jason1971
03-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Welcome paljj,

I am not sure I know what kind of problems you are having.. Is your computer rebooting or is it losing power all together or are you having problems only with media type files??

If your system is losing power then I doubt it's a buffer or cache problem. It sounds more like your Power Supply Unit (PSU) may be getting ready to die. How old is your system?

Jason

paljj
03-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Thanks Jason,
I didnít know I would get a response that fast. I am use to the other message boards where your lucky if you get a response at all.
Amway back to the problem, It is booting back up so I don't think it is the power. I can duplicate it by playing a CD in my CD/RW. After I start the CD it will not stay running longer then 90 seconds. Yesterday It rebooted just by me surfing the internet.

I built this PC around 18 months ago. It is a P3 650 mgz.,abit motherboard. Two CD burners that never gave me any trouble.

slim
03-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Hi,

What operating system are you running??

If it is ones which include a event viewer (like windows XP or windows 2000) then start by looking in that.

Have you checked all the cooling fans are working inside the computer (over-heating?).

Slim