PDA

View Full Version : windows 3.1 virus problem !!

Billy MacMillan
03-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi there, I know Win3.1 is past it but I have a friend who wants to use her old laptop for letters etc. The problem is that it seems to have a virus. I cannot find any virus software that I can fit on a floppy so as to load it on the machine. The machine does not have internet access either. Anyone out there got any ideas on how I can rid this machine of the virus ?
Cheers,

Billy

mjc
03-11-2003, 12:41 PM
There are several DOS avs listed in my AV link in my sig....Fprot is probably your best bet, but it will take two floppies.

Billy MacMillan
03-11-2003, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the help. unfortunately I'm a bit of a learner at this. I've tried to download the software from the site but it won't load onto a floppy as its to large !!
Do I download the zip file to another pc, unzip it and then copy all the contents onto 2 floppies ?? or how do i go about getting the file onto some format that can be loaded onto the old win3.1 pc ?

Sorry, this is probably very basic stuff but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Billy

mjc
03-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Do I download the zip file to another pc, unzip it and then copy all the contents onto 2 floppies ??

Yes, that is one way of doing it....

Budfred
03-11-2003, 09:20 PM
I am not familiar with that program, but I know a lot of zipped files that are meant to work on floppies come with an install program that creates the floppies for you. I would check for that before just copying them to floppies.