PDA

View Full Version : Easy printer question?

redaudi
03-11-2003, 11:21 AM
This is proberbly an easy question to answer.
When i print a web page only about three quarters of the width of the web page is printed the rest of the web page is not printed,all of the paper width is used but i am left with rather uninteligable sentances.Can you help?
A am using Windows 98,Hewlet packard 930c printer and Internet explorer 6.

mjc
03-11-2003, 11:30 AM
Go into the printer options and make sure things like the default paper size are set corectly.

Budfred
03-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Don't just click on print and let it run, check to make sure that it is set up to fit the print to page and so on. Some pages even have an option to be set up printer friendly before you print, but even other pages should be able to "fit to page".

kayofcircles
03-12-2003, 10:32 AM
I removed the Printer icon from the top toolbar so I would never forget "not" to use it. If you want to print a Web page, it's best to go to File, and then Print because it brings up your printer Properties box. (Or Control P on the keyboard) For most web pages, I don't want to print the ads and stuff..I just want the text generally, so I can "select" the text with mouse, then Print "selection" and I usually choose "Economy" ("Draft" in my husband's HP) to conserve ink, and sometimes "double sided" if more than one page. And that's where you can check the "default" settings for page size, as mjc recommends, and I think I just elaborated on what Budfred said.:)

redaudi
03-12-2003, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Budfred
03-12-2003, 06:41 PM
Were you able to solve the problem???? If so, how???