PDA

View Full Version : Want to know more about BIOS

abbey477
04-25-2003, 08:38 AM
I took interest in computing so much so that I learn everything around that I can lay my hands on.. prog. langunage, MS/cert... etc. I am very naive when it comes to anything BIOS, Do I need a text book? if I do which one? or is there any known website where I can be taught all the tricks about BIOS... lots of strange unknown things happen there.

Steve
04-25-2003, 10:06 AM
THIS (http://www.wimsbios.com/) link might be a good place to start...:)

mjc
04-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Double thread removed.

abbey477
04-25-2003, 12:56 PM
I an new here, I don't have the credentials you have
MJC, I am really sorry if any of my actions has offended any body.

Budfred
04-25-2003, 01:24 PM
abbey477,

Nobody is offended, just trying to give a gentle nudge in how this forum works, we are really quite friendly around here.:)

If we were offended, you would see a bunch of these::mad:

Welcome to the forums....;)

mjc
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
This is a fairly well-behaved board, and I often go days without having to move/edit a thread...well, you gave me something to do this morning....;) :D

I don't mind the occasional one, the ones that get me are those who should know better and still do it or the rash of doubles that usually accompany some sort of server error.

I usually try to combine any doubles I find, or if it is a double post in a reply the second (later) one.

Another tip, if you post a new thread and decide that it should really be somewhere other than the forum you posted it in, PM me instead of starting a new one; I can move it. (Not that you did that, but that is the reason for many double posts.)