PDA

View Full Version : Yoda...did you ever get your hands on...

Whyzman
05-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Yoda, did you ever get your hands on one of the Thermaltake modding ducts we talked about before?

I see where NewEgg has them in stock now. I've a couple on order and will let you know if the results are positive...

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=thermaltake+A1442

I also changed out my Thermaltake Volcano 7+ with the copper tiny fin technology. It had the 70mm fan and a manual speed control setup. 'Twas a bit on the noisy side. My Sweetie would complain and if I ever left the computer idling and if I left for a bit...she'd shut it down on me.

I swapped to the Thermaltake Volcano 9 and the 80mm fan and I'm running with the sensor. My temps went up slightly but the bugger sounds quiet and smooth. This one comes with a pot if I want to manually control or a full throttle jumper (haven't tried either yet).

Quiet seems to be the issue around here! :mad: So I'm super curious if the duct will further drop the temps, yet allow me the convenience of sensor control.

drdan
05-24-2003, 04:18 PM
I have the mod duct on a Volcano 7. It dropped both noise and temps some. Slight but noticeable reduction in noise (less turbulence) and about 2-3C reduction in temp if I remember right.

Whyzman
05-24-2003, 05:13 PM
That is quite encouraging indeed!! :)

YODA74
05-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Nope got rid of my toy's...Thinking on going rack mounts and start web hosting,So modz at the moment are on the back burner for me..;)