PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Student Needs Help Modifying AT Style Power Supply For Senior Project

rondotcom
05-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Hello,

I am working on senior project and my portion is to build a programmable sound eefects system with 20 Computer CDROMs. The CDROMs will be controlled by Industrial Controller (PLC). I want to Install 5 CDROMs per Tower Case. The Motherboard will be removed from computer case so I can install my own relay based circuit board in it.

I chose to use computer CDROMs because, they are inexpensive and computer case has CDROM power supply and ports required to interface to my PLC's.

My Problem - Since motherboard will not be in system I need to know how/where to put jumpers on power supply/motherboard connector to allow case switch to turn on power.

I have AT (486/P3) type power supplies.

Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Ron

Reid
05-27-2003, 02:54 PM
This link has pinout diagrams and other information: http://www.epanorama.net/links/psu_computer.html

AT power supplies are turned on and off by the input power switching, so you will not need to do any jumpering. Note that you may need to add additional load to keep the power supply on. Hope this helps.