PDA

View Full Version : Play Station CDs on PC?

akif
08-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Can i use plaustation CDs on my PC?
How?

pave_spectre
08-05-2003, 01:23 AM
It is possible with playstation one games using an emulator which work with varying levels of quality and success.. I dont know if there is an emulator for playstation 2 games (there probably is). For playstation one games the most successful emulator that I am aware of is called bleem (Its been a while so I may be wrong). Not all games will run with an emulator and those that do may not run very well.

Galadriel
08-05-2003, 06:28 PM
The best, by far, playstation one emulator is epsxe.

I used it with my games and it works quite well with I would say 90% of the games.

Cheers and happy gaming!

tweeky
08-05-2003, 06:32 PM
pave_spectre is correct about the emulators you can sometimes spend up to an hour configuring the options just to allow you to play one game, some games like ff7 have to have special options enabled. Some emulators may not work for some games at all. I would recommend that you get a few different emulators and see how well they work for the games you have; some emulators do come with instructions but the majority in my experience don't.

The other thing you should consider is the quality of your computer, this will make the biggest impact on the quality of your games, mainly how fast they actually run, the quality of the picture and the quality of the sound.

To get an emulator you can use Imesh, Kazaa or Edonkey (I would strongly advise you to use these as a last resort and only as a last resort mainly because viruses are often in the files you download from these 3), another option would be to search in google using the keywords emulator, psx and ps2.

I must also point out that the ps2 emulators i have downloaded tend not to work. I am also recommending that you virus check all files that you download and do a daily virus scan after you get off the internet.

I hope this post is of some help to you.

tweeky
08-06-2003, 04:17 PM
OK akif i've got you an address for emulators.

http://www.emulator-zone.com

This site has emulators for the gamecube, N64, GameBoy, GBA, SNES, NES, Playstation, PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear and several more. I hope you find what you are looking for there. If you need any further help just ask.

Galadriel
08-06-2003, 07:26 PM
I wasn't sure about the address but here it is. I found it. ePSXe is a great emulator for PSX games.

http://www.epsxe.com/

Have phun! :cool: