View Full Version : need help geting my network conntacted to the internet
09-30-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi i need help in geting my internet working over my network .The set up of the network is my laptop is connected to my cable modem using the network card then I have a belkin wireless network card in the side then on my desktop the is in a different room I have the belkin wireless usb network adapter plugged into it. what I need to do is be able to use the internet on the desktop so I have installed all the stuff and on the desktop it now comes up with internet gateway and says its connected but when I open up explorer on it just comes up page cannot be displayed any help may be useful
09-30-2003, 07:02 PM
I'm not exactly clear on what your problem is. I think this is what you have:
1) A laptop connected to the internet with a cable modem. The laptop also has a wireless network card
2) A PC in another room with a wireless network card.
1) What is the operating system of both computers?
2) What network protocols are running on each computer?
3) Have you been able to establish networking (file or printer sharing) between the two computers?
4) Have you enabled Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the laptop?
Windows XP has ICS built in. It's only necessary to get the settings correct to be able to share the internet.
09-30-2003, 07:10 PM
yes your rigth in thinking that but any way the laptop has windows xp and the desktop has windows me i am not sure what network protocols are running and yes i have been able to establish networking (file or printer sharing)between the two computers and i am sure that i enabled Internet Connection Sharing on the laptop this is when some internet gateway thing came up on the pc.
09-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Try here for Win XP Internet Connection Sharing:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.