PDA

View Full Version : How do I Identify a sites cookie?

Sylvander
10-06-2003, 12:36 PM
Someone gave me their name and password and asked me to sign in as them to take a look at their family tree on "Genes Connected".

I did that and then found that when I go to Genes Connected I'm automatically logged in as this person, which I don't want.

How do I identify the cookie to delete, so I don't have to use "Spider" to delete them all?

BigBlue66
10-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Which OS are you using? Well anyway, there should be a cookies folder in the system somewhere. Just do a search for "Cookies.*" and you should see something. Then persue the listing to see if you can find something related to that website.

If that doesn't work, then in IE, go to Tools/InternetOptions/TemporaryInternetFiles/Settings/ViewFiles. Again, you will have to look at the entries to see if one matches up with that website or makes a partial mention of it.

Alternatively, you could just delete all cookies. That's up to you.

Sylvander
10-06-2003, 01:37 PM
I'm using Win98.

I used the "Find" facility to look for "cookies" and found "C:\Windows\Cookies".
I looked in that folder and found "[my PC's name]@www.genesconnected.co[1].txt"

I used "Find" to search for "genesconnected" and found three files as follows:
(1) "C:\Windows\Cookies\[my PC's name]@www.genesconnected.co[1].txt"
(2) "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamPal\auto_wlist_from_pending\register@gene sconnected.co.uk.dat"
(3) "C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamPal\auto_wlist_from_pending\register@gene sconnected.co.uk.txt"

Do I only need to delete file (1) above?