PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Problem

d03boy
01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
I just got a dell inspiron 8600 for christmas, with the TrueMobile 1400 Dual Band WLAN Mini-PCI Card. It is an a/b/g card.

My mom has an HP Pavilion ze4300 with an HP WLAN 54g W450 wireless card that supports b and g. She has a Linksys wireless b router which usually works fine.

I was on my dell, surfing the net just fine, and I had a 11Mbps connection, and on my moms HP playing with some stuff. They were within a meter of eachother. My dell sparadically changed to a 1Mbps connection (they both had a 'Excellent') connection considering we are within 20 feet of the router. Anyways, the HP never went below 11Mbps. They both keep randomly reconnecting themselves to the network. Could someone give me some incite on what could be happening and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Joe

PrntRhd
01-01-2004, 07:09 PM
Similar to what happens when you have a 2.4 GHz phone too close to the wireless access point. You have too many devices too close to each other on the same frequency, they interfere with each other.

d03boy
01-01-2004, 07:10 PM
Hmm.. ok

I also just changed the channel of the router. That helped a little bit. All seems to be well now. Thanks for the response.

Joe