PDA

View Full Version : CCNA Test Extension

Beta Geek
01-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Got this from Cisco in my e-mail yesterday:

One of the key concerns we have heard from instructors and students is related to the availability of the CCNA 640-607 exam. As you know, Worldwide Education (WWE, the team within Cisco that brings you the Cisco Networking Academy Program) was able to work with other teams within Cisco to make this exam available for eligible Cisco Networking Academy students and instructors via a promotional code until March 31, 2004.

Many of you expressed concerns to Cisco that, while this was nice, it was still not enough time.

With that in mind, WWE has been able to extend the availability of the CCNA 640-607 to eligible Cisco Networking Academy students and instructors until July 31, 2004. Please know that the criteria for eligibility for this additional extension has yet to be determined.

The details of how this additional extension will work and who will be eligible are yet to be determined. Please DO NOT assume that if you have a promo code now that it will be valid until July 31, 2004. The promo codes that have been distributed to date still must be used by March 31, 2004.

Look to Academy Connection in the coming weeks for further announcements on this.

karatekid3d
01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah I got that too. Does that mean that if I'm taking the Version 3 classes I can take the easier 640-607 exam?

Beta Geek
01-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I would assume that if you are enrolled in version 3, the promo code that you will receive (I'm guessing upon finishing the curriculum) will unfortunately only be applicable for the version 3 test.

karatekid3d
01-13-2004, 09:23 PM
grrrr you're probally right. God I hope the Certification Test isn't anything like some of their actual tests.

Also, what's the deal with the CCNA certification. I mean say i pass am i certified for life...do i renew it every 2 years???

pave_spectre
01-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Cisco require that people renew their certification every three years.

My question is whats this business about promo codes?:confused:

Beta Geek
01-16-2004, 11:34 PM
My question is whats this business about promo codes?

First I heard of it was in that e-mail. I think once you pass the course final you are given a code or something. But that's just a guess, and I'm probably way off track there.

pave_spectre
01-17-2004, 04:36 AM
That was my thought too, but I certainly havent received anything that could be called a promo code. Only thing I have is my discount voucher code and I had to apply for that. Looks like there may be some typical disorganisation.:rolleyes:

Beta Geek
01-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Cisco Disorganized? No, it couldn't be! :rolleyes:

pave_spectre
01-17-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm sorry I shouldnt have said that, I'll go stand in the corner now.:p