PDA

View Full Version : Access froma .mil computer

BigFred
02-03-2004, 09:29 PM
I can happily access the website from my home computer, but when I try and get on from work it says access denied. I am active duty military and am using a computer from the navy.mil domain...is there a block on accessing from that domain put in place by the PCGuide folks, or is there a block on it from the Navy? Any way to figure out if it's just a computer setting issue at work?

Paleo Pete
02-04-2004, 12:37 AM
No blocks that I know of unless your user name has been banned. Check with your system administrator, there might be a block on your end.

I'm moving this one to Wide Area Networkng and Internet Access, this forum is mostly for suggestions and feedback concerning Ixl's new TCPIP Guide.

juniper
02-04-2004, 07:03 AM
most liely the military is blocking you using websense or another URL filtering system. Talk to your network admin.

BigFred
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
This is strange. If I try and access the wesite by typing it in via the IE6 address line I get an "HTTP Error 403 Forbidden Internet Explorer". However, if I use Google and access the site by clicking on the PCGuide Topic Index link it lets me in. But I can't access the forum posting I started but I can access all the others.

Fruss Tray Ted
02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Could you ReaPete that? (Sorry, finger dyslexiahh... ;) )

What forum post, that you started, are you referring to?

If it is this one, it just has 2 links to it but it resides here so this is the only spot you can see: how many replies, reads, and such. If it is in the forum Pete relocated it from, it should have at least a quick link to here, within that forum.