PDA

View Full Version : Kernel_data_inpage_error (windows Xp Help Plz)

deadly
02-22-2004, 01:21 PM
hello friends,
i have windows xp professional edition.frm few days am getting error of
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and my pc shut downs. its a blue screen error. i have not installed anything new or removed anything. due to this problem i had to format hard disk as it was not booting and was sometimes not detecting HDD.

after formatting and re-installing Xp i again got same error follwed by technical information

STOP: 0x0000007A(0xC03E66D4,0XC00000E, 0XF99B806, 0X0F563860)

atapi.sys : address F99B5806 base at F99A7000

================================================== ======================

again i got error regarding kernel but technical information had following things

STOP: 0x0000007A(0xC03E67AC,0XC000000E, 0XF99BE642, 0X053BB860)

ftdisk.sys : address F99EB642 base at F99E100
================================================== ===================

please help friends and i cant even install any updates. i can download but they are not getting installed as it says the key is invalid.
and plz do tell me what is causing the problem. is it due to Norton Antivirus, or Bad Sectors.

Help soon
:(

Budfred
02-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Have you run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utilities yet. If not, I would do so....

Paul Komski
02-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Most likely a hardware problem such as bad or badly-seated ram, bad hdd, bad cabling/connections, bad mobo, etc but also just possibly due to a virus.

See:- Stop 0x0000007A or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/prmd_stp_fvlq.asp) for fuller details.

All you can do is check out the bits of hardware one at a time and maybe run a dos-based a/v into the bargain.

HDD or bad cable connections must be high on the list - so follow Budfred's advice first perhaps.

CuratoR
02-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Have you altered Memory Settings (eg mem timings, mem latencies) in the BIOS lately?
or Is Memory Settings aggressively set in the BIOS?
If you've answered Yes to any of the aboves question, plzz set those settings to their normal, (Fail Safe Defaults, BIOS Defaults etc) and test if it works.

Try placing the hdd in different IDE channel. If you've got CD drive and HDD in the same channel as master and slave, try connecting them in seperate channel each.

What type of IDE cable are you using? Try with another cable and also with different cable types.

If possible replace the current memory modules and see if it works with new ones. You may borrow from a friend.

Plzz post back!

deadly
02-24-2004, 02:20 PM
hey friends
as i posted that query my pc showed that error and as i restarted it showed system halted:booting faliure.and as i went to bios it was not showing HDD ...even when i inserted boot disk my HDD was not visible and it said ur drive C is not valid FAT 32.....

what may be the reason for BIOS not detecting HDD..after 2 days it again detected and i am back on work on my comp... i have not made any changes in my comp BIOS..

nor any changes in HDD

Paul Komski
02-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Have you run any hdd diagnostics or tried new/newly-seated ide cables yet? The intermittent absence of recognition in the bios must put these two areas high on the agenda.

deadly
02-28-2004, 02:03 PM
hi friends
i scanned my HDD on www.seagate.com and it showed my C drive has bad sectors.
is this is coz of problem?

david eaton
02-28-2004, 02:45 PM
It certainly looks as if your hard drive is dying. Bad sectors will not go away, and any attempt to do a "low level" format using the makers utilities seems doomed to failure if more sectors go bad.

Best suggestion I can offer is to get a new one, install Windows and programs, and then, if there is data on the old drive that you need, connect it up as a slave drive, and see what can be copied from it.