PDA

View Full Version : outlook express

headack
02-25-2004, 03:45 AM
Hi!

I am running windows xp pro,and using outlook express 6
Have it set up as a multi user pc,and have problems with outlooks adress book,I cant move one contact to the shared folder.When trying move one e mail contact from the main list to the shared folder(have adm priv)it seems to work,but when changing the user profile it is still nothing in the shared folders,and when opening the main contact folder list ther is nothing??? I cant view any e mail adress,it is empty.Anyone knows why?? I have done it before but now it wont work.

Paul Komski
02-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Are you sure that each User Profile doesnt have its own .wab AddressBook. User Profiles are different from Identities, of which there can be many within each User Profile. You can use the AddressBook Help Menu for each User to see which .wab file is actually in use. Opening the Address Book as a standalone rather than from within OE will possibly give you a better overview of how it is constructed.

If you are using different wabs, for each user, it should still be possible to set up a single shared .wab used by all users. See http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/wab.htm for some of the issues involved.

Computer Deb
03-07-2004, 12:13 PM
I just re-installed my WINXP because I had a new harddrive. When I first installed it, I had no problem importing both my old email messages and my address. Now, I am using Outlook, not Outlook Express, and cannot figure out how to import either.

Microsoft does not make it easy ... I have the files, just don't how to get Outlook to read them. When it asks what to import, it doesn't have the option of Outlook Express 6.

I'm searching as I write this to resolve this. If I find anything that can help you, I'll let you know!

Debbi