PDA

View Full Version : Scan Disk error

funhousegroup
02-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Howdy All. Just wanted to post my bootup message and see if anyone had any ideas. This is an older emachine w/ celeron.

Scandisk cannot read from the last cluster on drive C. This cluster is either damaged or you system is not configured properly. Drive C may need to have Logical Block Addressing LBA Enabled to work propperly or its disk partition may be incorrectly marked as a non LBA partition. Data loss can occur if you LBA settig or disk partition type for this drive is misconfigured.
Check your computers BIOS setup utility.
If you are sure your drive is configured correctly, click continue to have ScanDisk check drive C for errors.

I dont know what will happen if I have scandisk run and the drive is misconfigured. Is it possible that the HD is going bad. |
I was given this PC to backup all the data an reimage. I want to make sure that if I do format and reinstall Windows 98 that the hard drive will not crash. Windows itself is full of junk and runs extremely slow.

OK Ill see if anyone has any info before I reimage the machine.
THnaks, Funhousegroup

mjc
02-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Check in the BIOS under the drive settings and auto-type it, someone has probably set a user config on the drive.

funhousegroup
02-26-2004, 04:32 PM
OK Do you mean just set the IDE setting to auto configure?