PDA

View Full Version : WindowsXP Bootup

ShiroiTora
03-02-2004, 07:44 PM
I found a website that had programs to change certain things on windows XP (bootscreen, Logonscreen, themes). I tried out a bootscreen program and it added an extra bootup line when I reboot the computer. this is what I get.

Please choose the OS you wish to boot from

1. Line(
2. Windows XP home edition

How can I get rid of the Line( because all it does is restart the computer when I click on it.
Help.

Thanks

mjc
03-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Could you please provide a little more info about the program you used?

Like its name and where you found it?

jabarnutcase
03-02-2004, 10:07 PM
Yes- Sounds like a Program I may want to stay away from. :p

I imagine you will end up having to find and edit the "boot.ini" and remove the line pointing to "Line( " ....Whatever the heck that is. :confused:

As mjc said, interesting Program...What is it? :)

Quantax
03-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Yeah, this is something requiring a change in the Boot.ini file. Go from Start to Search and type in boot.ini in the C: drive. Once opened, you can then delete the line.

ShiroiTora
03-04-2004, 12:01 PM
The website I got the program from was www.belchfire.net. it's called boot xp and all you have to do is download the boot screen you like and use the bootxp to make it your new bootup screen. what it does is copyies your original boot.ini and makes a new one with a backup just incase. I must have done something that casue that Line( to be inserted into that, thanks for the advice

mjc
03-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Looks like something messed up there.....

Not real sure what exactly, but that line should go....try restoring the back up it made, first.

ShiroiTora
03-05-2004, 07:39 AM
I tried restoring it with the backup using a feature that went with the program incase I changed my mind about changing my bootup screen but it still didn't work.

mjc
03-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Would you please post the contents of your boot.ini file....we may be able to figure out what went sour and what to fix.