PDA

View Full Version : isass.exe System Error

Enterprise13
03-08-2004, 10:24 AM
Here's the scenario. A water leak came through our ceiling above our computer hitting mostly the printer on top of the monitor, but splashing around. The tower and surge protector outlet are under the desk that holds the monitor. After drying things off, I used Word, played around with a picture in "My Pictures" and removed a program of desktop wallpaper that I had loaded the day before and then turned off the computer. About 1/2 hour later, my husband went to use the system and at start up AOL was attempting to dial on....automatically. As much as he tried, he could not stop AOL's persistence in its attempts to load. We have not set it to do this, and it worked fine the day before. I'm not sure what all he did to try to fix this problem, but in the end we get the message "isass.exe - System Error, Object name not found" when we try to start up. Then the screen shows the WinXP Home comes up, tries to load, then the error message returns. Attempts to reload Dell programs (we have Dell 4550) from CD, or WinXP from CD fail. What needs to be done? HELP:confused:

shanmuga
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Reboot your computer while holding down the F8 Key. At the Advanced Options Menu select Last Known Good Configuration. If that doesn't work, again Reboot your computer while holding down the F8 Key, this time select the option for Safe Mode and press Enter.If sucessful, click the System Restore link. Click the Restore My Computer to an earlier time, next.

If you can boot into the safe mode try this also, run the command 'sfc /scannow' (remember the space), You will need your windows XP CD to do this.Now windows will scan your system files and see if any of them are missing or corrupted.. If this is the case it will replace the file.

If you are successful in booting into windows normally, next we can try to correct the AOL problem.

SJH
03-18-2004, 03:14 AM
I really hope you mistyped the error, isass.exe (with an eye) is listed as a virus. See here:
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/isass/

The valid process is lsass.exe (with an ell). I have enough problems with these things coming in thru the wires, if they start coming in thru the ceiling….

mjc
03-18-2004, 12:09 PM
if it is isass then us the links in my sig and get an online AV scan.