PDA

View Full Version : Windows error messages;

Calli
03-15-2004, 04:32 PM
I had a virus on my pc which for some reason AVG did not detect. I had not opened any attachments. I found the virus on a routine system check and AVG then quaranteed it. Now the system comes up with the following at every boot up. C:\Windows\netstart; Invalid value for binding specified; Error loading device driver NDISHLP.sys; Error 7323 one or more network transport driver files failed to load. Then the system loads but is slow. Did the virus cause this; how to I repair it, and what exactly is it looking for? I attempted to load WIN over itself but that doesn't remove the error messages. :confused:

YODA74
03-15-2004, 04:44 PM
don't know which windows your running but simply rem out or delete the C:\WINDOWS\NET START from your autoexec.bat file reboot

But before you do anything some system specs we need.

Calli
03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Apologies Very frustrating day The pc is running WIN98SE, 512mb RAM, P4 generic No networks

Budfred
03-15-2004, 11:35 PM
You can proceed with what YODA74 suggested and then I would urge you to run a full set of security scans. I would start with an online virus scan to back up what AVG did, do a Spybot and/or AdAware scan and follow up with an HijackThis scan that you post here to have us check and see if there is any visible malware....

To run HJT, extract it to a permanent folder such as C:\Documents or one you create like C:\HJT. Close all programs you have opened and make sure that all programs are enabled if you use msconfig. Run it and Scan, then Save the log. When the log window appears, Right click to Copy it, open your browser and come here to Paste the log. Do not make any changes until it is checked since most items are either benign or essential to the computer.

You can get the necessary links in my sig. You may need to use the LurkHere download site to get HJT...