PDA

View Full Version : Norton leaving emails in Inbox

William2002
03-16-2004, 10:16 AM
This is something I've been wondering for a while....When Norton picks up an email with a virus in the attachment it gives me the option to quarantine it, which I do. That email then goes to a quarantine section within the Norton programming on my Hard Disk.

However, after I quarantine the infected email, it still shows in my inbox with the attachment showing and then I have to either delete it or block and delete.

So, my question is, Isn't Norton Anti-Virus supposed to redirect the email entirely and why is it then still showing up in my inbox after I have quarantined it and why would I have to always seperately block and delete these emails when Norton is supposed to do that for me?

A little while ago, I was getting 25-30 emails with viruses a week, so I changed email addresses and being careful not to give out my new address to anyone except personal friends. Guess what? That was two weeks ago and now I still have 6-7 a week, coming in!!! How did that happen?

William from Alberta

Budfred
03-16-2004, 07:35 PM
Posting the same problem twice does not make it any more likely to be answered and may even make it less likely to be answered. Posting the proper forum may increase the chances of getting a response. The latest version of this thread is here:

http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28541