PDA

View Full Version : END TASK problems

assembly
03-19-2004, 12:34 AM
I can't seem to end the task for the following programs running from the background: Tppaldr, Rundll32, loadqm, Rnaapp, Ccapp. When I click "End Task" everything freezes and nothing left to do but restart the system.

mjc
03-19-2004, 01:07 AM
Why are you trying to end task on those programs........

At least one of them is needed to run your internet connection....Rnaapp

One is for a USB drive or CD writing software.....

Tppaldr: TPP Auto Loader Application. Background task installed with the drivers for DataStorís USB 2.0 based external cases for DVD, CD-ROM, and CD-Writer drives, or also installed by the Aheadís InCD packet writing software

One is for Norton AV.......ccapp

Associated with Norton AntiVirus 2003, which runs auto-protect and email checking facilities. Without this service, both facilities cannot function correctly.

Those being stopped can cause all sorts of problems. Sop what we need to know is what you are trying to do and why you want them stopped.

assembly
03-19-2004, 11:13 AM
The reason why I want to end task these programs is that tech support of a certain game says that to allow maximum performance of your system during your game, turn off programs that aren't needed, only explorer and systray should be left running. It also says that these programs will run again when your computer restarts so there's no need to worry.

bassman
03-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Hello assembly,
Sometimes Tech Support personnel can be over zealous in their help. I recommend you take MJC's advice here and leave these minor background apps running, especialy if you are playing this game on-line.
If you are not getting the desired performance when playing this game, let's see some system specs and maybe we can make some affordable upgrade recommendations ;)

Quantax
03-19-2004, 03:02 PM
If you are not getting the desired performance when playing this game, let's see some system specs and maybe we can make some affordable upgrade recommendations

Yes, we should need to know the RAM amount you have for starters.

assembly
03-20-2004, 09:16 PM
256mb RAM, 64mb vc, 1.7ghz Intel P4, WIN98 2nd ed.
Thank you for replying guys!

Quantax
03-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Well even more RAM(up to 512 MB)might be desirable for what you do with your PC but what you have isn't all that bad. So I'd advise adding the RAM. Don't disable those programs you have running in the background either.

bassman
03-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Wouldn't hurt to upgrade that vid card either. The more memory in the vid card, the less it consumes other system resources ;)