PDA

View Full Version : video vs. audio

assembly
03-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Lord of the Ring(return of the king): during cinematics, the video plays first and the audio follows like 7sec. later, they don't seem to syncronize, I know that light travels faster then sound but this is rediculous.

Budfred
03-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Since you are probably talking about a bootleg copy, that is probably how it was recorded and you are out of luck....

saphalline
03-22-2004, 11:03 PM
If it's not a bootleg copy :p then we need tons more info before we can help you. First of all, are you talking about the movie or the game? Set-top device or PC being used here? OS if applicable?

Budfred
03-22-2004, 11:26 PM
I thought you were talking about the movie which is not released yet, if it is the game then it makes sense that it would not be likely to be bootleg...:o

saphalline
03-22-2004, 11:41 PM
I thought you were talking about the movie which is not released yetDon't worry. assembly hasn't told us yet either way, so it could still be the movie! :p

Abbadon
03-23-2004, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by saphalline
Don't worry. assembly hasn't told us yet either way, so it could still be the movie! :p

[pre-morning-coffee] It could of course also be the book [/pre-morning-coffee]

assembly
03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm talking about the game, eagames made it, it's out on the market and I don't like bootlegs copies of movies no matter how good the movie is.
I'm using win98, also like to add that when I installed it, my com was reading from my harddrive, I saved the data of the game in a virtual cd.

Abbadon
03-23-2004, 11:47 AM
what kind of videocard do you have? It says 64mb in your profile but if we have model & make that would be helpfull.

saphalline
03-23-2004, 02:22 PM
I would check many things...

Make sure you have DMA enabled on all your drives. Make sure you have the latest chipset & video & audio drivers. Make sure your system meets or exceeds the min hardware requirements. Defrag and maybe even Scandisk your hard drive(s).

saphalline
03-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Something else I came across today...

I was reading a readme file for a game and it talked about having the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer to solve movie problems.

This could be the answer to both threads in this forum! :p

assembly
03-24-2004, 08:10 PM
to abandon: My video card is inno3d nvidia tornado geforce2 mx/mx400.

to saphalline: I just downloaded the latest driver for my vid card but I don't know where to download for my sound card because I'n not sure what its model is, somebody told me to do this: start\run\dxdiag.
Problem is, there's sound1 2 and 3, which is it? On sound1 it says SOUNDMAX DIGITAL AUDIO, on 2, GAME COMPATIBLE DEVICE(emulated), on 3: VOICE MODEM WAVE#00 LINE(emulated).
Also, can you tell me what site to visit to download these drivers?
Isn't quicktime a bad kind of player? I mean (very)low quality.