PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask a question

slodgenut99
10-04-2004, 11:49 AM
i joined this forum to solely find out one thing...
Is it possible to connect a controller from a nintendo 64 to a PC???

I have seen an article in PCextreme magazine, this american kid completed Doom 3 in 5 hours and now challenges people to online deathmatches, so far he has not been killed and is starting to crawl right up my arse about it, and my friend thinks he can beat him if we can wire up a Nintendo64 controller to his PC...

Any websites on this sort of subject would be great

matt012
10-04-2004, 09:19 PM
I don't imagine you can. The only way I could see it, is if you knew a lot about electronics, and modified a bunch of stuff in the controller. Why don't you just go buy a PC gamepad that is similar to a Nintendo one? There are a lot of different ones out there. Also, I don't think you could beat that guy just by having a controller you're used to :p

saphalline
10-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Yes you can. I have an adapter that does just that, but I only have a PSOne controller on it right now (it's my emu & ROM game pack! :p). It cost a bit much, but I think it's worth it, because when my controller wears out, I just buy a new one, and keep the adapter.

I can't remember exactly, but I think I ordered it from LikSang (www.liksang.com/) - over in the Pacific there. You can really only order that stuff from Asia.

grayson
10-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Most controllers dont work with FPS, the best way is keyboard and mouse.