PDA

View Full Version : Removing Compaq deskpro cover?

Hoop
01-18-2005, 01:21 PM
As stupid as it may be, I can't figure out how to remove the cover from a friends Compaq deskpro. I tried searching Compaqs website to no avail. The machine is not marked with a specific model it only says Compaq Deskpro on the front panel. There are 2 "push in half round latches" on both the left and right sides of the plastic front panel that must have something to do with the cover removal but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Any ideas??
Thanks,
Bob H.

FastLearner
01-18-2005, 01:24 PM
What do you mean by cover? The front panel has two grey or black latches that are only reachable from the inside...in other words, you have to remove the side of the case first to be able to get at it. Once you find the latches, you may need to 'help' them release with a screwdriver.

Hoop
01-18-2005, 02:04 PM
This is not a tower type case. This is an actual desk top case where most people would sit there monitor on top of the case.The latches, if thats what they are, are located on the out side of both sides of the plastic front panel. I believe they are designed to release the metal cover to allow me to access the inside of the computer. I am not interested in removing the front panel.
Thanks,
Hoop

FastLearner
01-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh, sorry about the misinformation then...:(

Are you able to turn the latches at all? Are there any small screws that look like they may be holding the case on, as well? Unfortunately, I have never had the priviledge of opening a non-tower model case before.

ravin
01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
When you push in on the buttons try lifting the case up. If that does not do it push it back. I cant remember is been awhile. Also did you check to see if there are any screws on the back that look like thay might be holding it.

Hoop
01-18-2005, 07:56 PM
Raven,
You got it. Push in on the locks, pull toward you and lift up.
Many thanks,
Hoop

ravin
01-18-2005, 11:11 PM
No problem. Glad I could help.

Budfred
01-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Dynamite also works well... I hate Compaq cases!! :D :D