PDA

View Full Version : Installing BFV and got error message

thekevo
04-21-2005, 11:23 PM
sorry if this is the wrong place to put it but i get this error message 28% through installing battlefield vietnam

Error message:
Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to access a component that does not exist in the named media

plz help

i an not a nerd
04-22-2005, 01:08 AM
I also had that problem when I first bought BFV. It was a defect on the cd. I got it replaced, works fine!

thekevo
04-22-2005, 10:17 AM
yea, i didnt just buy it though. but, turns out it works ok but i cant find any of the updates cuz my update is so far behind
(i just cleaned off the cd)

saphalline
04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
i didnt just buy it though.Ok, no offense, but what is with people lately? We don't condone or support illegal activity around here, so if you pirated your software of any kind, please don't tell us!! Again, no offense, but if you're having problems because you stole the game, you deserve it!

Another poster around here recently messed up their dual-boot machine because they loaded a pirated version of NAV. Sorry, you'll get no sympathy from me! If I don't have the money for software, I either make do, download a freeware version, or start saving up!

So again, for those new members who come to us with problems - if you pirated your software and are having problems, go somewhere else.

thekevo
04-22-2005, 11:47 AM
wow you need to chill. what i meant was i didnt buy it recently, i bought it went it first came out

saphalline
04-23-2005, 01:47 PM
Oh... well then nevermind! :p

Sorry to jump the gun there, but since the forums has been growing so rapidly lately I've had run-ins with one too many illegal users. I don't know why people are stupid enough to come here and request help with illegal activities, but it takes all kinds, I guess.

In other news... you can contact EA Games (the publisher of BFV) and get them to send you a new CD of the game. All you have to do is send them your old one that doesn't work and they'll send you a shiny new copy. You have to pay for all the S&H, but at least it's a solution. I only mention this because most software retailers won't exchange your games after about 2-4 weeks, even with a receipt.

i an not a nerd
04-23-2005, 10:54 PM
When you say that you can't find the updates, do you mean that BFV doesn't automatically find them? If it doesn't, try dling them from EA's website.

thekevo
04-25-2005, 03:12 AM
thx, i got all the update from some bf:v fansite. I love bfv now becuz before i was lagging like crazy trying to play with a 1.8 ghz intel celeron and 9200 and 384 mb of ram :X lol but now with my comp i can set to highest settings without any lag :D i love it