PDA

View Full Version : External exception E06D7363 with Linksys Wireless Card

jeffericon
05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi
I have just installed a Linksys Wireless-G 802.11g Notebook Adapter (WPC54G v2) in my laptop(details below) with the following settings:
1) Infrastructure Mode
2) Network Settings Obtained Automatically (DHCP)
3) Encryption Method: Disabled

When trying to use the Linksys software to enable the adapter card, the error message "External exception E06D7363" keeps on popping up endlessly. The only way to disable the pop-up is to use Task Manager to end the process. With the card attached, there is no way of accessing the Linksys utility because of the endless error pop-ups. Without the card attached, I can start up the Linksys Adapter Utility. The driver supplied with the adapter is the same as the latest driver on the Linksys download site.

Bypassing the Linksys utility and letting Windows manage the adapter results in a network being recognised but unable to connect to (although there is sufficient signal strength). I have even disabled Norton Internet Security as well as Spybot and Counter Spy without success.

Please help!
Jeffericon

Compaq Presario 1510 Laptop
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40Ghz; 768Mb RAM; 30Gb Toshiba Hard Drive
Windows XP Home SP2

carrot
05-31-2005, 02:07 AM
Have you tried uninstalling everything and re-installing it over?
Also, what version of XP do you have?

<(-'.'-)>

jeffericon
06-01-2005, 08:23 PM
I have tried about 6 times uninstalling and installing but the problem is still there. My OS is XP Home SP2.

carrot
06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Have you tried uninstalling the software and letting windows mange it for you?