PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R is harsh on your machine

Ironfistchamp
08-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Well I don't expect anyone to reply to this as there is almost no one in hee *looks around...sees no one*

I just got the F.E.A.R demo and im running a rig like this

AMD 64 3200
512DDR PC 3200
Gigabyte Dual 6600GT
40Gb hdd yada yada yada

Well I had terrible framerates and had to really lower the graphics. Tuns out it is the best game for bringing vid cards to thei knees... time for a load more RAM and a 7800GTX :D

saphalline
08-13-2005, 03:10 AM
F.E.A.R., huh? I think I've heard of that game... What's it like? It's a shooter, correct? I'll have to DL the demo and find out what all the fuss is about. Do you know which engine it uses off-hand? Maybe the website will tell me, but I doubt it! Game websites these days are so badly designed! You know, I've actually found games' min sys req's faster by searching Google vs rummaging through the game's "official" website!? :eek: This is getting bad...

Jason1971
08-13-2005, 05:46 AM
Myabe it's not your rig, but maybe the game is poorly coded...

Agree 100% with you Saphalline... Some of those websites for games are worthless.. I use BF2 as an example.. When the first patch came out it was no where to be found on EA's offical BF2s website. I found the patch at NVIDIA....

Jason

Ironfistchamp
08-13-2005, 07:25 AM
F.E.A.R s site isnt that bad. It has direct links to downloads and the min requirements are quite easily found. I love the game. I really have to get it. There is a weapon called th penetrator that fires large metal rods. Sometimes you can pin an enemy to the wall. This produces hilarious results when you get someone in the groin.

It was worth the wait on the download.

Matt
08-19-2005, 02:28 AM
F.E.A.R., huh? I think I've heard of that game... What's it like? It's a shooter, correct? I'll have to DL the demo and find out what all the fuss is about. Do you know which engine it uses off-hand? Maybe the website will tell me, but I doubt it! Game websites these days are so badly designed! You know, I've actually found games' min sys req's faster by searching Google vs rummaging through the game's "official" website!? :eek: This is getting bad...

Lithtech engine, I think.

saphalline
08-19-2005, 04:20 AM
Hmmmm... DL'ed the demo but had to dump it. Stupid thing wanted to install DX 9.0c again on my system! :eek: No game tells me what I can and can't have on my computer! My drivers and DX version are my business. As long as I have the latest required versions on my PC, it should be happy and just let me install it. Maybe I'm just being picky, but games are becoming more and more invasive lately. HL2's STEAM tech was borderline for me as it was. I accepted it as a necessary evil against pirating, but the next step will probably cross the line for me.

I'm glad I tried the demo first. I think I'll have to be more careful in the future and DL all demo's first to find out what those daffy developers have up their sleeves. Can't be too careful these days...

Ironfistchamp
08-19-2005, 07:12 AM
Hmm I kind of see your point. I only got the demo of HL2 and the fact I had to get steam and download stuff really annoyed me. That all melted away when I payed the game though. It's amazing. Well. I do enjoy th gravity gun :D

Anyway I can't wait for F.E.A.R to come out.....and SiN Episodes

Check ya laterz

Ironfistchamp

allstar
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Hmmmm... DL'ed the demo but had to dump it. Stupid thing wanted to install DX 9.0c again on my system! :eek: No game tells me what I can and can't have on my computer! My drivers and DX version are my business. As long as I have the latest required versions on my PC, it should be happy and just let me install it.

I totally agree with you on this!!! It engrages me how dls are starting to get!! Wouldnt surprise me one bit it they wanted you to reinstall DX 9.0c so they could give you a version embeded with a virus or something!!! LoL, maybe im just to paranoid about viruses. Then again you can never be to careful these days ;)

Ironfistchamp
08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
Hehe paranoid about viruseses (woops). I know the feeling. When I scan my hdd I want to find a virus just so I know the scanner is working :p
Ironfistchamp

azgta
08-22-2005, 06:30 AM
FEAR is some scary S$$$ is what it is!
lol
That little girl in the sewer when you first start. I almost quit playing. :D

As for the FEAR FPS, I had no problem.

Try playing Area 51 .. you need a top of the line card.

The guys came out missing arms, legs and some cases were missing little areas all over on mine.

Ironfistchamp
08-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Ugh I played Area 51 and thought it was rubbish. I think it may be that its the same old everything all over again.

Big mistake

EL_BaRTO
08-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, I agree that FEAR is a great graphic treat for any FPS fans (well at least from what I experienced on the demo). Referring back to the IronFist's post, FEAR is a graphically agressive, but awesome game. I tested my wife's computer, which has 512MB RAM and a 128MB NVIDIA 5900 VGA in comparison with my computer rig. Her computer handled the game decently. Obviously, my system handled the demo pretty well. I had some small hiccups here and there, but overall pretty good........but as a gamer maybe I should upgrade my video card a bit with some extra RAM. LOL.

..............Now if I could only persuade my wife to purchase a 7800GTX :p . ROFL. Gotta admit those things are pretty expensive. On a serious note, I'm pretty happy with my 6800GT. Anyways, that's my input for this game.

08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
San Andreas ran full speed on my Nvidia FX5200xt on 800x600 wiht 512mb RAM, 3GHz. EA Games sucks. They can't even post updates/patches on their own website. I had to download the Sims 2 off a torrent for my cousin, (who got the SIms 2 for his birthday), because his Dell wouldn't let the CD-rw drive see it.

pointone
08-24-2005, 03:27 PM
F.E.A.R. is a sick game. Can't wait for the full version! Absolutely love the "bullet time" feature--makes for some VERY slick fight scenes. I also love how you have to actually face the ladders when sliding down or climbing up. Makes it that much scarier (not to mention realistic--it's about time!) when you can't see what's below you. I don't want to spoil the demo for anyone, but this is done very well at one point. :eek:

Ironfistchamp
08-24-2005, 06:43 PM
El Barto i know what you mean about the 7800 GTX...im getting the gainward 7800gtx powerpack golden watsit thingery (hey its late gimme a break). 400 :eek: .....shocking lol.

Umm 123456....EA suck... where did that come from lol...well i do wanan play sims 2 at least.

pointone i salute you. youve hit the nail on the head arg I cant wait....nor can i wait for SiN episodes...have i mentioned it before?

Ironfistchamp