PDA

View Full Version : NISIS DIGITAL CAMERAS

bobman999
01-15-2001, 10:01 AM
If any of you are considering a digital camera please read:

DO NOT BUY ANY OF THE NISIS DIGITAL CAMERA'S.
THEY BREAK VERY EASILY AND THEIR TECHNICAL SUPPORT REFUSE TO REPLACE ANY PRODUCT THAT WAS DAMAGED WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, AVOID NISIS LIKE THE PLAGUE, SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA MONEY ON A LOGITECH CAMERA OR OTHER PIECE OF LOGITECH HARDWARE, YOU WILL REALIZE THE BENEFITS. ONE OF MY FRIENDS HAS A LOGITECH WIRELESS KEYBOARD, WIRELESS MOUSE AND A LOGITECH DIGITAL CAMERA. ALL OF THESE WORK PERFECTLY AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW FAR THE WIRELESS COMPONENTS CAN BE FROM YOUR PC! NISIS CAMERA'S ARE BADLY DESIGNED, HARDLY COVERED BY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND AND SIMPLY CRAP NO MATTER HOW "NICE" THEY MAY SEEM TO YOU.
LOGITECH IS A MUCH BETTER "BRAND NAME".
WELL RECOGNISED COMPANY, GOOD SUPPORT, AND SUPERB BUILD QUALITY.
ALL FOR JUST A LITTLE EXTRA POUNDS OR DOLLARS (OR WHATEVER).

------------------
Bobby

Charles Kozierok
01-15-2001, 01:33 PM
Is this your own personal experience, or did it come from somewhere?

------------------
Charles M. Kozierok
Webslave, The PC Guide (http://www.PCGuide.com)
Comprehensive PC Reference, Troubleshooting, Optimization and Buyer's Guides...
Note: Please reply to my forum postings here on the forums. Thanks.

bobman999
01-16-2001, 02:55 PM
What exactly do you mean?
I'm only 14 but I know a lot about these things.
All I'm saying is that NISIS is not a name brand and should therefore not be considered PLUS the fact that I have personally had problems with their warranty, support and the product itself (faulty at times).
This even happened with the 'replacement' that I recieved.

------------------
Bobby

Paleo Pete
01-17-2001, 09:48 AM
What he means is can you back up your claims with links, reviews or documentation.

One person's claims may be valid, or the problems they encountered may have stemmed from inappropriate configurations, conflicting software, etc.

As far as the tech support goes, many companies don't have the best in tech support, then again people often happen to connect to someone who's inexperienced, first week on the job and form a detrimental opinion of the company in general from that one incident.

Warranty dissatisfaction...the company may have been convinced they had no reason to be required to honor the warranty, possibly figuring the cause was user related.

I'm not defending the company, just pointing out some of the reasons Ixl questioned your opinions.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

bobman999
01-17-2001, 02:16 PM
As far as my five year history of purchasing computer hardware goes, I have never come across such a poorly designed piece of hardware.
It was a good try, but when I take BUSINESS STUDIES as a Gcse, I will remember not to make that mistake. I know how to treat hardware thanks, Ive installed Graphics cards, Ram, Pci components and more (and thats quite an achievement for my age).
But this simple, External USB, digital camera simply does not meet the required standards of todays digital camera demands.

Its a fair argument. Do you know anyone with a Nisis camera?

------------------
Bobby

annia2hoy
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry bobby if you have had a rough experiance with a nisis camera. I will keep my DV6, in which I have had NO problems with. I am sure when you get to be an adult you will have more experiances to base your opinons on. I am glad thet you have a brand you trust. ----Annia:D

Paul Komski
03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
I suppose seven years later he may have bought a new one.