PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a Mac or PC

Kevin Grech
02-12-2001, 06:57 AM
I used to work on a PC then I switched to a Mac. But now I want to buy another computer for web design. Should I buy a PC or a Mac?

Ghost_Hacker
02-12-2001, 01:15 PM
If you want to do web design then I would first check if the Mac or PC will run all of the current web design software. If the Mac can they I would go for a Mac because of the better visual quality. ( Some of the apple monitors are fantastic.)

------------------
"It's just a whisper in my Ghost"

Randy_tx
02-12-2001, 01:24 PM
Since you are familiar with both.....I would choose whichever type of computer you can get the best service on in Malta. Mac's are great for desktop publishing...but everything else ??...it's easier to get Win compatible software for sure! + you wont find too much support on this forum for a Mac ...not to say there aren't some good Mac forums out there.

------------------
When all else fails...start parts swapping!

Paleo Pete
02-13-2001, 02:58 AM
I agree, check for support and software availability for both and go with the one that will be easier to repair or have repaired, and will have a good variety of software available.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!
Note: Please post your questions on the forums, not in my email.

Computer Information Links (http://www.geocities.com/paleopete/)

spaceAlien
02-13-2001, 05:19 PM
Greets --

I've had two Mac's -- a color classic and a 6100 Power PC -- my wife uses an aging powerbook...

In my opinion --
++ Mac's are easier to use and less hassle than PC's
-- Mac hardware costs half again as much
-- Mac software choices are much more limited
-- Compatibility with other peoples software will be more of a hassle with a Mac
-- You can't slap any old piece of hardware onto a Mac, as you (pretty much) can with a PC...

I just got a new machine -- I considered getting a Mac -- but it was never a serious contender...

Grins ...
--
"Who stopped payment on my reality check?"