PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to router settings

ESPplayer7
07-14-2006, 03:34 AM
Im positive im typing in the correct ip, its the one that the manual says and its also the one that is my default gateway when I ipconfig. I just formatted my computer and it was working before, now it says page not found. Help is greatly appreciated thanks

pangea33
07-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Are you connecting through a hard-wired connection or wireless? Try plugging into the router if you aren't already.

Erik
07-14-2006, 07:49 AM
What IP address does the computer have? Maybe you need to reinstall the NIC drivers if you are doing a fresh install.

mjc
07-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Also, if after checking the drivers, you are still having problems...use the router's reset procedure...usually holding in the reset button for an extended period of time. This will reload the factory defaults.

Mini-Me
07-16-2006, 02:49 AM
Can you ping the gateway?

After your ipconfig test, type ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where the x's are replaced with the Default Gateway address as listed on the screen during the ipconfig step. You should see it respond. If you get a "Request timed out." message, then the adsl modem is not responding. Try replacing your network cable - they do fail from time to time...

I assume you have re-installed the drivers for the network card?

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on!
:)