PDA

View Full Version : windows

no2like
02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
got a dell 8250 with 2 hd's.the 1st one is partioned in drives c and e
the 2nd hd is "d"and is not partioned.originally my windows xp home was installed on drive c.I had to reinstall my windows but the tech installed windows xp pro.I dont like it because i dont have a disk and i cant get one from him.I do have an original for the winxp home which i would like to install.
What should i do.

ski
02-27-2007, 09:49 AM
If you authorized the tech to install XP Pro, then you either have to pay him to reformat the HD and install XP Home, or reformat the HD and install XP Home yourself.
If the tech was not authorized to install XP Pro, then he/she should reformat the HD and install XP Home at no charge.

no2like
02-27-2007, 10:04 AM
the tech wont do a thing so am stuck with having to install win xp home myself.how would i go about doing this.and ho tx for the reply

HomeSA
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Is that a legit copy of the XP Pro? Is it activated? You can make image of the drive and use that for reinstall if anything goes wrong, IF the copy you have is legit. I am assuming not more than one copy of the retail/OEM XP Pro can be activated.

Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Activate Windows. This will tell if your copy of the XP Pro has been activated.

-HomeSA

Paul Komski
02-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Clean Install WinXP (http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html)

no2like
02-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Home SA

tx.but i dont have that feature activate windows.gor the other stuff