PDA

View Full Version : Need Avg Virus Download

nancy
03-06-2007, 01:42 PM
:( Hello,
I had AVG, but when my son did a recover on my OSxp I lost it, I had it free do you know if there is a site to get a free AVG download??????????????

pentachris
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Here ya go. (http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-virus-free/lng/us/tpl/v5)

nancy
03-10-2007, 03:18 PM
:) Thanks for the info, as soon as I can get my xp pc able to boot past the f1 f10 screen I will load it, Thank you nancy

nancy
03-22-2007, 10:15 PM
:) WIN XP When I try to open AVG on my pc it says could not initialize Anti-virus kernel interface application could not run FUN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any SUGGESTIONS From the POWERFUL and the WISE interface thinkers NANCy :rolleyes:

Fruss Tray Ted
03-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Nancy,
Could you please explain what is going on clearly and if you are getting errors, please relate their exact syntax?

Did your son do a clean install? Install atop another? Reformat? What are we dealing with here?

By the sounds of things so far, the recovery wasn't done right or it was done with a corrupted restore point, but it's hard to tell by your description.

If you want to wipe and reinstall, we can guide you. Otherwise, it sounds like your pc has some issues and it's hard to tell if it is hardware or software at this point. But with malware as rampant as it is these days, my guess as to what you are trying to remedy is some infection of sorts.

Can you post a log from HijackThis (http://housecall.trendmicro.com/) if this is the case? Please unzip it to a folder you create somewhere so a backup will be saved rather than using Temp files which get deleted by several programs. Post a log here please.

Do an online scan with Housecall while there if you like. It is as good as AVG in most ways.

nancy
03-25-2007, 12:48 AM
I went to your link for house call and downloaded the file. I ran a scan for twenty minutes and during the last twenty minutes it said that the generic host will shut down your computer. So it never finished scanning. then I ran mcaffe virus scan and came up with this infection "w32/g/eneric worm!p2p" and it could not remove the infection. what do you recomend I do?

Paul Komski
03-25-2007, 07:17 AM
what do you recomend I do

Post a HJT log as suggested.

Do things in safe mode if any crash or freeze.

nancy
04-01-2007, 02:34 PM
:)Well I did a system recovery on my win xp and reformated hard drive etc, reloaded AVG, and got my microsoft updates. Now my machine purrs like a kitten. Thanks for the Info also I did download highjack this;)