PDA

View Full Version : background has small block of pixels gone

ancasterguy
03-07-2007, 07:57 AM
It's very strange. I noticed that a small chunk of pixels is gone on my lcd monitor. When the windows xp loads the colour in the background is there but as the program finishes loading, the small block of screen loses the colour in the small block and it goes to white. I've tried loading different backgrounds etc. but nothing helps. I thought maybe the monitor but then when other things run the background is solid with the rest of the screen..it's only when the windows background is showing. Any ideas as to what I can do to fix this problem?

Fruss Tray Ted
03-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Try uninstalling / reinstalling your video drivers. Try another monitor.

It sounds like it's your monitor however.

mjc
03-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Where is this block located?

ancasterguy
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
It's in the middle right side of the screen about the size of plaster jumper pin that you have on motherboards to reset the motherboard. Perhaps even a little smaller. THe thing is that this problem is not happening with other programs --only with the windows background.

ancasterguy
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM
OK.. this is going out on a limb here..but if it were the monitor would the problem not be evident all the time. This problem only shows with the windows background..not with other programs.
Just my thoughts.. although I don't even presume to know that much about this otherwise I wouldn't be asking for opinions on this..LOL..
Thanks ..

mjc
03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Can you 'select' the block?

I vaguely remember an infection causing something like this, but I can't remember what it was. It may be a good idea to do a full series of scans...updated AV, etc and then post a HijackThis (http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php) log

ancasterguy
03-09-2007, 01:54 PM
thanks I try hijack this.. my virus protection is all up to date.. and I'm having no other problems.. it's got me stumped