PDA

View Full Version : dvd rom error code19,dvdrw error code 41,what the!

steann
03-11-2007, 08:35 PM
hi all AGAIN!,im having probs with my dvd drives the dvd rom has a error code 19 and my dvdrw has a error code 41,ive looked on the internet,so far i have found you can get rid of these errors in the registry,i followed the instructions but i cannot get into my registry for the love of money!.i press start then run then typed in reged32.exe,it just says windows cannot find it blah,blah,blah,tried typing registry editor,still came up with the same,i must admit im not the most computer literate person,i just look for instructions on how to do things,and follow them word for word,so i am really stuck now,if anyones got any suggestions,they would really be appreciated.....thanks steann

SufferWell1396
03-11-2007, 09:08 PM
What you want to type in isnt Reged32.exe its Regedit..
That brings up the program but i cant tell you much more sorry:(

steann
03-12-2007, 04:29 AM
ok right ive done that and ive got into the registry i think!,thanks sufferwell for that,what now, please bare in mind i am a total noob,so if anyones got any suggestions please post them,but please put them in layman terms
much appreciated.......steann

Fruss Tray Ted
03-12-2007, 04:55 AM
First uninstall burner programs. Then

Go to Device Manager and remove both cd, dvd drives. Reboot, let Windows reload the drivers fo them. Try cd's in each. If both work try reloading burner software. But one or more drives may have died and will generate errors like these.

I would not bother with Regedit yet.

Paul Komski
03-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Description of the Microsoft Windows registry (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986) contains a link showing the difference between regedit and regedt32 (needs the t) and in WinXP they are the same since regedt32 simply loads regedit.

I'm guessing you need to remove the UpperFilters and LowerFilters (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/en-us) registry entries.

You can do this with a script if you prefer. Copy the following code into notepad and save as UpprLwrGone.reg then double-click (or right-click and merge) the resulting file to update the registry.

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_2K]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdralw2k]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdr4_xp]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Cdudf_XP]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\UdfReadr_xp]

Consider uninstalling your burning software into the bargain as FTT suggested.

steann
03-12-2007, 07:08 AM
thanks ftt,ive tried what you suggested,and it still shows yellow exclamation marks,i think im going to have to try the registry thing paul komski has described,even though when i read it ,its like reading chinese,but ill have ago all the same,theres nothing really precious on my computer so if i truly b!@#$%ks it up it doesnt matter,here i go wish me luck....thanks steann

steann
03-12-2007, 08:21 AM
right i did the above mentioned by pk,and it all went well,it was quite easy and everything he put down made sence and it came up as he described,so i thank you very much for that pk,but the problem still remains the same,there is still the exclamation marks and when i check the devices,it still says the same as below---

philipsdvdr1640p
windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry)is incomplete or damaged.(code 19)

tsst corp dvd rom ts-h352a
says the same as above
the only diference it seems to of made is that the philips use to say the same except the error code on that was 41,now its changed to 19 like the other drive,any one got any more ideas,NOW I AM STUMPED!
thanks all whove takern the time to reply,any more suggestions,please post
thanks ........steann

Paul Komski
03-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Errors 19, 31 and 41 all kinda overlap.

Did you uninstall any burning software. If not do so and repeat the uppr/lowerfilters tweak and reboot. Maybe/Maybe Not.

You could also try LastKnownGood in Safe Mode (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123) immediately after uninstalling from Device Manager.

steann
03-12-2007, 09:45 AM
youll love this i tried what you advised(this is how noobie i am i had to look on the internet on how to start in safe mode)but i cracked it!did as you specified safe mode last known good config directly after uninstalling in device manager,but ive STILL got the same error messages code 19 for both of them,all burning programmes have been uninstalled since this problem started ,i should of mentioned earlier,the philips dvdrw i have only just put in,it played dvds,but i hadnt tried writng anything,the other drive we have had in for ages,with no probs,so i suppose it could be hardware related as well
would it be worth having a look inside and making sure everything is plugged to where it should be,apologies i should of metioned earlier...thanks steann

Paul Komski
03-12-2007, 09:59 AM
i should of mentioned earlier,the philips dvdrw i have only just put inYes try removing it. It is always worth going back a step if one can after any major hardware/software change. Perhaps there is a hardware conflict of some sort.

steann
03-12-2007, 10:27 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....no that didnt work either,im wondering if changing the master & slave jumpers around on the devices may help,im running out of ideas now,i may be wrong but is there a part on the windows xp disc where you can repair your windows,if there is,do you think that might help,like i say im getting desparate and i am considering formatting and reinstalling windows,but that will be tommorow as my heads batterd,and ive had enough now....thanks for your cotinuose help........any more ideas are greatfully appreciated..........steann