PDA

View Full Version : System restore

rubeq
03-22-2007, 05:22 AM
I did a system restore recently on my laptop (Usin WinXP). Once it was restored, i noticed the files that i deleted previously were back in the program files. I tried to delete them again but it refuses to do so. Any advice?

Paul Komski
03-22-2007, 05:57 AM
i noticed the files that i deleted previously were back in the program files.Do you mean the Program Files Folder or the list of Programs as seen from the Start Button.

Do you have Admin rights?

rubeq
03-26-2007, 08:35 AM
yes...it's on the program files but whn i go to the control panel to remove or try to uninstall it from the control panel... it gives me an error msg.... n yes... i m on admin rights...

Paul Komski
03-26-2007, 08:43 AM
It sounds as if the Program(s) in question have become disjointed from the registry entries.

You could try the following but no guarantees.

Delete the folders from the Program Files Folder first. Then attempt to uninstall from Control Panel's Add/Remove; it wont be able to complete this since you have deleted the relevant folders so you should be able to agree to remove it from the Add/Remove Menu.

If you cant get that far then reinstall the program and then uninstall it from Add/Remove.

rubeq
04-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks... will have a go at it...