PDA

View Full Version : How to Kill Windows Vista

Haas
03-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello, i am very good at computers by myself but i have a probelm,
see i bought vista and i absolutley hated it,
1 probelm is that i've tried formating and partitioning the disk but it never works, can you guys drop me a link for a program that you used to get visa off your computer, thankyou guys i appreciate it,

http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/images/cmods/megaman.gif

Rick
03-24-2007, 04:36 PM
All I did to rid the kids system of Vista was open a file browser window and start deleting everything and I do mean everything..

Then I put the winXP cd in the drive booted from it and repartitioned and formatted.

When I started vista wouldn't even let me boot from the cd-rom drive even with it listed as boot first in the bios.

Today that vista cd is hanging with all those old AOL disks at the range :)

Paul Komski
03-24-2007, 06:52 PM
1 probelm is that i've tried formating and partitioning the disk but it never works,
If you can't immediately repartition from the WinXP CD, you could wipe the whole drive with a utility such as DBAN or run fdisk /mbr from an msdos boot diskette or fixmbr from the WinXP installation CD's recovery console. After rewriting standard code to the mbr you should be able to delete the partitions and start over. BiNG, in my sig, should be able to rewrite standard boot code to the mbr and do any repartitioning that you require.