PDA

View Full Version : random hibernating any help?

amacfantaasy
03-24-2007, 06:17 PM
ok i have had this one pc for 3 years now and about a year and a half ago it all the sudden started to have this problem where it would randomly enter hibernation. Ok so i went to hibernation cut it off and all power saving stuff to never so dont bother with that. But it still continued but it was like every few days so it didnt bother the person using it cuz they were not on it that much. But as time went on it became more and more frequent to where at times you couldnt even get into windows before it would hibernate. But then all the sudden you will turn on pc and it will run for all day without hibernating then it will go back to doing it alot? And thats the thing its just so random i didnt know what i should do. But i originaly thought it must have been a power supply problem what do you guys think? im getting desperate now. Also i noticed the power supplies 20pin wire on the motherboard, 1of the pins metal inside the whole is missing? could that be throwing the power off? the pc is a Hp 335w

rio_bugarin
03-24-2007, 06:30 PM
more info will be helpful like operating system and hardware specs.

also, what you have done hardware/software to try to fix the problem.

PrntRhd
03-24-2007, 06:31 PM
It sounds like you should start by replacing the CMOS battery on the mainboard, particularly due the age of the PC. A cheap fix.

amacfantaasy
03-27-2007, 04:15 PM
its 2.5ghz intel celeron 512 ddr ram and 80gig harddrive and has windows Xp home eddition with service pack 2. Do you think replacing CMOS would really be the solution? the pc can be on and work fine for days then hibernate or somtimes might hibernate shortly into windows or not let me boot up hardly at all.