PDA

View Full Version : need help urgent!!!

undercover78
03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
i DIY my cpu recently, im using MSI P6n SLI f motherboard, C2D 6300 processor, gigabyte gt7300 graphic card and creative X-fi audio sound card, im using window xp...after i install all the drivers , my windows will automatic shut down sometimes and it shows a blue screen, and the error msg is something like to prevent damage, and if i want to shut down or restart my pc, it will just hang at the "windows is shutting down" screen, can anyone help with this problem....thanks

Paul Komski
03-28-2007, 09:13 PM
It can be difficult to track down BSODs but if you have done little else than add drivers to a clean installation possibly one of them is corrupt/malconfigured. I would try getting updated drivers from the makers' websites and using them in place.

Rick
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
to prevent damage

This makes me think more in the way of a cpu fan problem
The Bios may be shutting it down on you if the temp's are to high

open the case and confirm the cpu fan is working.
Then check the bios for the temp of the cpu and the fan monitor for speed settings

Paul Komski
03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Agree it could be hardware based but whatever is going on has created a software based problem in the kernel resulting in a blue screen.
http://www.datarecovery.com.sg/data_recovery/hard_disk_symptons_blue_screen.htm
More info from the blue screen can help in diagnosis sometimes.

PS I have always thought the message about harming the computer is over-egged and doesn't, at least most commonly, mean physical harm.

undercover78
03-29-2007, 11:56 AM
thank you very much bro, thanks for your help

undercover78
03-29-2007, 01:21 PM
another problem is, when i want to shut down my pc, sometimes it cant shut down properly, it will just hang at the window shutting down screen, is it windows problem or my hardware problem?

Paul Komski
03-29-2007, 03:23 PM
WINDOWS XP SHUTDOWN & RESTART TROUBLESHOOTING (http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.php) might give you a few leads.