PDA

View Full Version : Can't login?

dorian86
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I changed a setting by accident to ask for username and password when logging in. I restarted the computer and see that my username is already filled out but they ask me for my password which I enter many times and it doesn't work.

It tells me that the username or password is not valid. I also tried changing the user name but no luck.

I need to logging but I can't because of this in the way.

Any suggestions would help.

Thank you.

Dorian

Fruss Tray Ted
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Ahhh, the magic of the 'Cancel' button! Learn to use it.

Did you actually put a password in or not? Did you try either Enter or Cancel with your username in the box as well as without?

Hacking into a system is not advice we are allowed to do if we even knew how. We have no way of telling if you have the authorization to access this pc and don't want to be held liable as accomplices. You can save your breath and blue face, that's the way it is, sorry.

We have an official forum policy regarding this issue but I can't seem to find it anywhere handy at the moment. Someone? It should be made a sticky somewhere easier to find IMO.

david eaton
04-06-2007, 03:06 PM
Fruss, the post you want is http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51222

Erik
04-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Every Windows install has a default account created named Administrator. If this is your PC you should have the password for this account. You can login using this, and then change the password of your normal account to whatever you want.

jsekasi
04-13-2007, 11:47 PM
login in using the adminstrator's password if you are truely the right full owner of the system.Their is all a software which when put in(on a cd),it will take straight to remove password option at first ,try to look for it,i have preserved the name coz i dont wana be taken accountable for your hacking.
thank you.

Paul Komski
04-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Which Operating System?

If this is Win9X/ME then this is a non-issue and the Cancel button, as FrussTT pointed-out, is all you need to use.

If this is Win2K/XP and you never created a password for Administrator then, as also pointed-out, use it to get back in.

After that you are on your own on these boards.