PDA

View Full Version : Vista Ultimate Media Centre problems

ValeWhale
04-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Hi Guys :)

I decided to add a Ricoh MP7083A CD-RW to my tower which is running Vista Ultimate. I know its not on the HCL for Vista but thought I would give it a try anyway.

Vista detected the drive without problems on reboot and installed its own driver sucessfully. The drive appeared in Device Manager and was listed as no conflicts and working.

I opened Windows Media Centre in Vista to explore the CD burning options, only to discover my drive was not detected there. The message box appeared to say no CDRW detected.

I tried updating the driver (x86 32bit) but Vista refused saying the one installed was the most suitable.

Any ideas what going on here ?? :confused:

Sylvander
04-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Is this it?
[Just happened upon both your thread and that]

Error message when you try to burn a CD or a DVD in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005: "CD DVD Recorder Required" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=921476)

ValeWhale
04-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks for the link firstly for which I am most grateful :)

Even though the article is about XP Media Centre (2005), its possible knowing Microsoft that the same bug has found its way into the "vastly improved" Vista two years later :D

I will give a try later this week and post results for anyone else experiencing similar problems.

:)