PDA

View Full Version : speed and Vista

karenr
04-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Does anyone else find that there is a "delay" when clicking on links or opening windows with Vista? Sometimes I think there's nothing happening, but it just takes forever to open a window. It's not my computer speed as offline it's no problem. When I type an address into the address bar it prints at half the speed I type.

Ajmukon
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Vista has a built in anti-phising system- and it can lead to slower internet(because it has to check the page to see if it is valid)-Nice security feature

Erik
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Vista has a built in anti-phising system- and it can lead to slower internet(because it has to check the page to see if it is valid)-Nice security feature

Also a nice way for MS to see everything that you visit on the web.

karenr
04-11-2007, 08:56 PM
is there any way (or would I want to) disable phishing?

Ajmukon
04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Internet options i think
not to sure ho to do that, but it is on ALL version 7 IE Even XP
if you do not want to have a delay- try downloading Mozilla Firefox (but keep IE as your primary- it helps with applications)

FrankSG
04-18-2007, 04:03 PM
is there any way (or would I want to) disable phishing?

Click on Tools/Phishing Filter. You can turn it off there. I've got mine turned off. Here's my opinion on that for what it's worth: You certainly need to have security features on your PC. However, you also have to draw a line somewhere. You can turn on all security if you want to. But at some point your computer gets too sluggish. So I think that each person has to determine which ones he/she wants to keep.

jlreich
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Internet options i think
not to sure ho to do that, but it is on ALL version 7 IE Even XP
if you do not want to have a delay- try downloading Mozilla Firefox (but keep IE as your primary- it helps with applications)
Actually I would recommend using Firefox as your primary and only use IE when you absolutely have to. IMHO. :)

Paul Komski
04-19-2007, 04:54 AM
How much RAM on your Vista installation and what sort of delay (2 or 3 seconds or more) when opening windows and which applications in particular?

Also is there a lot going on in the background so is the delay the same in Safe Mode or with its msconfig equivalent (http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2006/09/28/windows-vista-secret-9-kill-the-startup-monsters.aspx).

ihatevista
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
This may sound silly, but is it on a network domain? As I find that sometimes my XP computer at work does the same thing when on the network but not when at home.