PDA

View Full Version : Problem Clicking With Vista

redracer_13
04-11-2007, 06:58 AM
Hello... I am new to posting in this forum so i hope im in the right place....

About a month ago i purchased an Asus PRO31F Laptop with windows vista premium pre-installed..

The problem i am having is sometimes i will go to click on something (etc set a wallpaper...enter an internet password or try to access something in control panel) and i cannot click these items...like their is a restriction or something blocking me....if i use the keyboard by hitting tab and the left right and enter keys i can access these things.....i do not use multiple accounts i just use my administrator account when i log onto vista.

Other times the computer will let me access everything like normal

I am not sure if this is to do with vista or the Synaptics pointing device settings.

Any advice would be appreciated

FrankSG
04-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Vista does have a lot of things that has to do with security that won't let you access certain things. But in your case, I'm guessing that it has to do with your pointing device since you can access using your keyboard.

Paul Komski
04-19-2007, 03:47 AM
I am not sure if this is to do with vista or the Synaptics pointing device settings.

Are you tapping the buttons or the pad itself and does a Right Click give you any menu?

You could also try adding PS2 mouse and see if it works when the touch pad fails.